This course covers everything you will need to pass the Plumbing Exam. It is a practical course that teaches a quick and easy way to practice math calculations, review key terms, and learn about the major topics covered on the Plumbing Exam.
- The study guide includes:
- Math Review and Plumbing Review Questions DVD.
- A Manual that briefly covers the major topics of the State exam including Properties of Water, Drainage, Fuel Gas, Water Heaters, and Private Sewage Disposal Systems.
- Summaries of International Plumbing Code (IPC), math formulas, and the Health and Safety Orders (OSHA).
- Over 600 Practice Questions, Answers and Explanations.
- 1 Year Access to Online Exams and the Newest Updated Questions.
About the Michigan Plumbing License Exam
Michigan Plumbing CONTRACTOR
A plumbing contractor typically engages in the following work:
- Provides a means for a supply of safe water, ample in volume and of suitable temperature for the purpose intended and the proper disposal of fluid waste from the premises in all structures and fixed works.
- In the course of this work, the contractor uses the following material: copper pipe and tubing, plastic pipe, cast-iron pipe, pipe fittings, valves, pipe cutting and bending or a combination thereof.
- Requirements may vary per individual state.
- The Master Plumber exam has 100 questions.
- The Journey Plumber exam has 100 questions.
- The exam contains a section for a copper project. The copper project consists of a solder joined pipe and fittings header system with one offset and two risers constructed from 1/2" and 3/4" copper pipe with two threaded joints. The assembly is constructed from material specifications provided on a supplied schematic. The project must hold a pressure test and fit a jig designed to measure correct dimensions and alignment. Candidates must supply the pipe, fittings and solder. A failing score is given for incomplete projects or leak test failures.
- The master plumber fee is $100.
- The journey examination fee is $100.
- The time limit for the master plumber exam is 2.5 hours.
- The time limit for the journey examination is 2.5 hours.
What to bring: On the day of your examination, you must arrive early so that you have enough time to check in and be seated by the time the exam begins. You must bring two forms of identification, which have your signature. One of the identifications must be a Government Issued Photo ID. Candidates must bring their admission card and must provide materials for the copper project.
More information about the Michigan plumbing exam can be found on the Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs website: http://www.michigan.gov/lara/0,4601,7-154-35299_10575_17394_17570-42835--,00.html
Be sure to check this site for the latest bulletin regarding the exam. If information presented here contradicts or conflicts with anything presented on the Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs website, the website takes precedence in all cases.