This study guide covers everything you will need to pass the South Carolina Contractors Roofing Exam. It is a practical course that teaches a quick and easy way to practice math calculations, review key terms, and learn about the major topics covered on the Roofing Exam.
- The study guide includes:
- Math Review and Roofing Review Questions DVD.
- A Manual that briefly covers the major topics of the State exam including Types of Roof, Tools and Equipment, Asphalt and Wood Shingling, Rigid Roofing, Metal Roofing, Low Slope Roofing, and Insulation Terminology.
- Summaries of the International Building Code (IBC), Glossary of Roofing Terms, math formulas, and the Health and Safety Orders (OSHA).
- Over 600 Practice Questions, Answers and Explanations.
- 1 Year Access to Online Exams and the Newest Updated Questions.
About the South Carolina Roofing License Exam
South Carolina ROOFING CONTRACTOR
A roofing contractor typically engages in the following work:
- A roofing contractor installs products and repairs surfaces that seal, waterproof and weatherproof structures.
- This work is performed to prevent water or its derivatives, compounds or solids from penetrating such protection and gaining access to material or space beyond.
- In the course of this work, the contractor examines and/or prepares surfaces and uses the following material: asphaltum, pitch, tar, felt, glass fabric, urethane foam, metal roofing systems, flax, shakes, shingles, roof tile, slate or any other roofing, waterproofing, weatherproofing or membrane material(s) or a combination thereof.
- Requirements may vary per individual state.
All applicants for the contractor license exam in South Carolina must take the Business and Law examination in addition to the Roofing examination. The roofing exam has 50 questions.
Time limit: The time limit for the South Carolina roofing examination is 3 hours.
What to bring: On the day of your examination, you must arrive early before your test begins so that you have enough time to park and complete administrative procedures. You must have two forms of identification.
More information about the South Carolina roofing exam can be found on the South Carolina Contractors’ Licensing Board website: http://www.llr.state.sc.us/POL/Contractors/Be sure to check this site for the latest bulletin regarding the exam. If information presented here contradicts or conflicts with anything presented on the South Carolina Contactors’ Board website, the website takes precedence in all cases.